Women of Summerlin Church, Las Vegas: Women Touching Lives in Las Vegas & Around the World with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Purpose of Women’s Ministry
- To exalt Jesus Christ and the Gospel among women in Las Vegas.
- To encourage and support women as they grow in the knowledge and grace of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To expose women in Las Vegas to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To come along side of women and help equip them to know what the Bible teaches, why they believe it and how to stand firm and apply the Word or God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyday life.
How we equip women:
- Women’s Bible Studies that meet weekly throughout the year.
- One on one discipleship / mentoring of women.
- Women’s prayer groups.
- Counseling ministries for women.
How we reach out, encourage and build Christ centered friendships:
- Ladies Nights Out
- Luncheons, Teas, Retreats and Special Events
- Note card ministries & share and care ministries to women
- Secret Sister Ministry
- Ladies Bible Studies
- MOPS (we would like to host MOPS in the future)
SCBC offers three discipleship options for women desiring to grow in God’s word and in relationship with others. Smaller group Bible studies focus on Bible teaching, prayer for one another and the church, encouraging and equipping believers to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, exposing those who are curious about Christianity to the word of God so that they can come to know Christ and His word.
- Mentoring & Counseling: Women desiring to be involved in a mentoring relationship may contact our women’s ministry director to discuss counseling and mentoring opportunities through our women’s ministry. Appointments to can be scheduled for Wednesday evenings by emailing email@example.com.
- Tuesday Evening Small Group: Each Tuesday evening, ladies gather for a discipleship Bible study. This study is a verse by verse Bible study led by Gayle F, our women’s ministries director and pastor’s wife. Newcomers are always welcome!
- Thursday Morning Small Group: Each Thursday morning, ladies gather for a chapter-by-chapter survey of the Old Testament led by Linda C who is a representative of Friends of Israel and member of Summerlin Community Church. We meet at the church from 10:00-noon each week